- 4 large Garnet yams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garam masala, divided
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Trim the ends of the yams. Rub the yams with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the yams on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until completely soft and cooked through, about 40 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the yams from the oven. Let them cool to room temperature; then place them in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the yams from the refrigerator and cut them into 3/4-inch slices. Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the remaining olive oil into the pan. While the oil is heating, season the sliced yams on one side with salt, pepper, and half the garam masala.
- Lay the yams in the pan in a single layer, seasoned side down. Season the other side of the yams with salt, pepper, and additional garam masala. Using a fork, turn the yams over and continue to brown the other side. Remove the browned yams to a rimmed baking dish. Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Drizzle the maple syrup over the browned yams, and dot with the butter. Bake the yams for 10—15 minutes.
- Remove the yams from the oven and serve immediately.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?