Beet Orange And Fennel Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Beet Orange and Fennel Salad- an energizing vegan salad that can be repurposed into grain bowls for mid week lunches.
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds cooked beets- steamed or roasted, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 oranges ( feel free to sub 1 blood orange), peeled, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored and shaved thinly
- ⅛–¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅛ cup fresh dill or mint- chopped
- ⅛ cup fresh italian parsley – chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey ( or vegan alternative- agave, maple)
- ¼ tablespoon salt and pepper, more to taste
Place the cooked cut beets, oranges and fennel in a medium bowl. Add fresh herbs.
Add dressing ingredients, and toss. ( It helps to warm the honey first if using- I just place the jar of honey in a bowl of hot water to loosen it.) Alternatively, you could whisk the dressing ingredients separately in a small bowl, then toss with the salad.
Taste for salt and acid. Add more salt and vinegar to taste.
Store leftovers for up to 3 days in the fridge, covered. Repurpose into grain bowls for lunch – serving the cool salad over warm quinoa with sliced avocado, sprouts and toasted pumpkin seeds. My husband loves this with crumbled goat cheese.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?