- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage Meat Removed From Casings
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Large Head Escarole, Chopped (About 10 Cups)
- 3/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 4 (15-ounce) Cans Cannellini Beans, Rinsed (Or 6 Cups Cooked Beans)
- 1 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Calabrian Chili Paste
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Working in batches, sauté sausage meat until cooked through, breaking up with two forks.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to bowl, leaving drippings in pot.
- Reduce heat to medium; then add onion to pot and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and escarole and sauté until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and cook 4 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add beans, stock, chili paste, and sausage and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then transfer to large bowl.
- Top with grated Parmesan, if desired.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?