Creamy Shrimp and Kale Pasta
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
This creamy shrimp and kale pasta is a delicious weeknight dinner that come together in about thirty minutes. Plus it's extra savory with the addition of bacon and leeks in a simple creamy sauce. See notes for vegan/vegetarian substitutes.
- 3/4 lb gemelli or other spiral pasta
- 3 strips bacon sliced
- 2 leeks sliced, white and light green parts only
- 1 lb peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups baby kale
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, sauté the bacon until cooked through but not crisp.
- Add the leeks and stir until they are softened, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and cook until shrimp are no longer see-through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream to the pasta and stir to combine over low heat. Add the shrimp mixture and the kale and stir until the kale is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dandelion Note: To make this vegan, substitute bacon for vegan bacon, heavy cream for an easy vegan alfredo sauce (see below), and select a vegan protein of choice sauteed in coconut oil (I like Field Roast sausage or cajun seasoned tempeh).
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 Cups Cashews Boiled or Soaked
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp. Salt (more to taste if needed)
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 1/4 Cup Water or Vegetable Broth
- Soak cashews in water for 2 hours OR boil cashews for 30 minutes. Drain water. Combine cashews, garlic, salt, nutritional yeast, and water (or broth) in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?