- 4 cups mixed zucchini and yellow squash, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- ½ cup basil pesto
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375°F and brush the bottom of a 9x12-baking dish with olive oil.
- Set the sliced squash on a kitchen towel to drain some of the excess moisture while you prep everything else.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini and onions with the pesto.
- Layer the baking dish with the marinara sauce, followed by the zucchini mixture. Spread the zucchini into one even layer.
- Sprinkle the top with the panko, Parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil, and pinches of red pepper flakes. Bake until the zucchini is tender (but not mushy) and the top is crispy and lightly browned - about 25 minutes. I like to turn my broiler on for the last few minutes to help the topping become browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and let it cool 20 minutes before slicing.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?