Vegan spinach and artichoke dip in a handheld package! The dough is slathered with creamy spinach and artichoke spread and baked to perfection!
- 16 oz. Pizza dough, I used Trader Joe's
- 1 Block Extra firm tofu
- 5 Cloves Garlic, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 C. Baby spinach
- 1 1/2 C. Artichokes in oil or water(whichever you prefer), chopped
- 2 tsp. Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the tofu cream cheese first. Squeeze the tofu over the sink to get as much liquid out as you can. It doesn't matter if it starts to fall apart. Now place in a food processor with 2 cloves of garlic, the olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Process on high scraping down the sides as needed until the tofu is completely smooth and silky, this may take a few minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Scoop into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Now, into a small saute pan, heat 2 tsp of oil on medium high, chop the remaining 3 cloves of garlic and add that to the pan, cook for about 30 seconds, then add the baby spinach. Season with a little salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook for just about a minute until the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat.
- Now add the cooked spinach and chopped artichokes to the tofu cream cheese mixture. Stir to fully combine. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Now, on a floured surface, roll out your pizza dough into a large rectangle about 1/4 inch or less thick. Spread the dough thoroughly with the tofu/spinach/artichoke mixture. You may have some left over, no biggie.
- Now roll length wise, so the roll is long. Cut into rolls about 1-2 inches long. Place each roll in a prepared baking dish, either in a circle or a square depending on the dish you are using. Repeat until all the rolls are placed right up against each other.
- Spray the tops with oil, I like to use a canola oil or olive oil spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until nice and brown. Serve immediately! I recommended serving with a balsamic vinaigrette or marinara sauce to dip!
You can by all means make your own pizza dough if you want to!
I recommend using floss to cut the rolls. It makes it super easy and much less messy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?