- 1 kg large potatoes, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into wedges (depending on size, 6-8 wedges per potato)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons more
- 1 tablespoons fresh chopped sage (alternatively 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced or sliced
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch of lacinato kale, stem removed and sliced into thin ribbons*
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the potato wedges with 3 tablespoons olive oil so they are coated in the oil, add the sage leaves, toss again and season with salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, flip over the wedges, add the garlic and continue roasting until golden, about another 30 minutes. Finally, increase the temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook until crisp, about 15 more minutes. Remove from the oven and season with a little more salt.
- While potatoes are roasting (when 30 minutes left), sauté the shallots in a large skillet with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes or until browned and caramelized.
- Add the kale to the shallots and sauté until the kale is thoroughly wilted, stirring often. About 8-10 minutes.
- Gently combine the kale and potatoes in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if using. Add additional sea salt to preference. Serve immediately and enjoy!
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?