Perico - Columbian eggs with Tomatoes, Peppers and Onions
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- 8 large eggs
- pinch salt plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 scallions whites and light green portions, thinly sliced (see note)
- 2 medium bell peppers (any color) seeded and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Thoroughly whisk the eggs with a little salt. You want to whisk them quite well, as more air in the eggs makes for a fluffier, lighter end result.
- Heat the oil in a over medium heat in a frying pan (non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron work well). Add the onions and bell peppers and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes, taking care to stir gently to avoid crushing the tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat to medium/low. Season the vegetables in the pan with a pinch of salt (and pepper, if you like, though I leave it out). Pour the eggs over the vegetables and stir constantly, but gently. Once the eggs have just set (about 2 minutes), remove everything from the pan and serve immediately - preferably with black beans, cheese, arepas, and hot chocolate!
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?